Monday, January 10, 2011

12/28/2010

This happened a few weeks ago, but it was so special I'm gonna share it:
The formatting is a little off, so I tried to clean it up a little. In the future I will be including pictures but this guy blocked me, so I can't copy and paste.

Guy: Dec. 26, 2010 – 1:30pm Sup? My profile doesn't really represent me that well so maybe writing you might have been a better idea. Why stand up comedy? Richard Pryor was really good on SNL. I also liked John Leguizamo when I was a kid.

(I wasn't really interested in this guy, and I usually ignore messages of this sort, but I felt bad. Maybe I was feeling sentimental cause of the holidays, or a little too used to the rejection of not getting a response. Either way, I responded a few days later, and decided to make small talk, keep it short, and then you know, let him know it wasn't going to work.)

Me: Dec. 28, 2010 – 11:17am Pryors a legend of course. He's real good in Superman iii ( my favorite one).

Guy: Dec. 28, 2010 – 12:18pm I only saw The Toy and his skit about taking LSD for the first time. I was ROFLing. Some stand up comics then try doing skits about what they haven't experienced and it's still effective which is pretty lame.

Every time I read your username I wonder if you liked that old tune rockit. Report this

Me: Dec. 28, 2010 – 12:22pm Never heard of it.
He's brilliant in superman. You should netflix that shit, cause its so good.

(I mean, he hadn't even seen Superman III)


Guy: Dec. 28, 2010 – 12:37pm I've actually been watching documentaries and my favorite anime lately. Ever heard of Style Wars or Fist Of The North Star?

Me: Dec. 28, 2010 – 12:42pm Sorry. Can't say I have.

(This is where I started to get annoyed that he wasn't
getting that all of my responses were really short and closed ended. Some people may say its my fault for not just telling him right off that I wasn't interested, but I was trying to be fair, and I was also really bored at work.)


Guy: Dec. 28, 2010 – 1:31pm Style Wars is a Documentary about early NYC graffiti. The Fist Of The North Star from the 80s has like 152 episodes and a addictive story.

Do you like that old school song rockit?


Me: Dec. 28, 2010 – 1:37pm Never heard the song.

Guy: Dec. 28, 2010 – 1:42pm http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBqFyDM3V64

Me: Dec. 28, 2010 – 2:11pm Yeah. That's the jam right there. I had no idea that's what the song was called.
That video is terrifying.

Guy: Dec. 28, 2010 – 2:28pm You thought that video was scary? Me too!

Do you like horror movies? Somebody made a short video with 180 clips.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCtmkfkrAdw&has_verified=


(I had to laugh at his "Me too!". I mean, I could totally imagine him being genuinely surprised that I thought the video was scary.)


Me: Dec. 28, 2010 – 2:33pm Yeah, I can't watch it right now, but maybe later.

Guy: Dec. 28, 2010 – 2:54pm Oops. Sorry.

okcupid says we don't match whatsoever and are 64% enemies but you've been a really cool person to talk to. Thanks.

Wouldn't it be cool to meet someone in real life and just have things click again?

(At this point I was just a little confused. It was so weird how he wistfully was talking about meeting someone and "clicking again." I also thought he was you know, realizing this wasn't goin to work out, and so thought he was waxing poetic about not being to find his match.)


Me: Dec. 28, 2010 – 2:59pm I don't really know what you mean by "again", cause I can generally get along with everyone I meet, but these emails have been nice, and at least now I know the name of that Herbie Hancock song.
Good luck!

(I was a little annoyed that he tried to lump me in as someone who can't get along with or "click" with people after meeting them, so I had to get that little dig in)


Guy: Dec. 28, 2010 – 3:13pm What do you mean by good luck?


Me: Dec. 28, 2010 – 3:18pm You know. On your search. I don't really think this is going to evolve past an email relationship so...you know...good luck.

(When I realized that he didn't get it, I felt sorry for him)

Guy: Dec. 28, 2010 – 3:26pm Bummer. I've been through this so many times but it still hurts. You're not even giving me a real chance.

Good luck. Yeah. Whatever.

(Not to sound like a cold hearted snake, but I laughed out loud at this message. I mean. It was so sad, and I wasn't even sure if he was being serious or not)

Me: Dec. 28, 2010 – 3:30pm Sorry guy. I'm just looking for someone who's closer to my age, and that I have more in common with, musically, socially etc.
You shouldn't be "hurt" by anything. Its not necessarily a reflection on you. I truly believe there is someone for everyone and when you find them, you'll feel it.

(See? I felt bad about laughing, so I tried to write something that would make him feel better. Really. I was trying to make him feel better)

Guy: Dec. 28, 2010 – 3:43pm Don't write me anymore.

(Yes, sir!)

No comments:

Post a Comment